5 Air Duct Cleaners near you
We will ask a few questions to match you with the top rated pros near you
Where do you need Air Duct Cleaning Services?
Best Air Duct Cleaners close to you
At a4cleaning services our goal is to give your house fresh and cleaned aura by our good and reliable pros. For any brilliant and excellent touch in your house, A4 is right there to do the job. We are fast growing cleaning and maids servicing in Maryland and Environs, our pros are well trained with quality… View more
We are a family owned business since 1987 We offer same day or next day service Service calls $39.99 Our service areas our West Virginia Virginia Maryland Washington Dc We offer a 20 percent discount for (1)Police officers (2)Firefighters (3) teachers (4) emergency personnel (5)seniors (6)nurses (7)… View more
Questions and Answers
Q: What do air duct cleaning services include?
A: Since every house and apartment in the US has even the most basic air ventilation system present, air duct and vent cleaning services are essential to get acquainted with. These companies help homeowners clean their airways from debris and harmful build-up to guarantee the high quality of the breathing air.
Air duct cleaners help to remove minor debris, grease build-up in the kitchen ducts, remove signs of mold as well as allergens. Besides the ducts, these experts will also ensure that the whole HVAC system is working properly. This means that they also inspect and clean vents, heating and cooling coils, grilles and diffusers, heat exchangers, etc. You can also expect these professionals to examine insulation of your air ducts and report whether it needs replacement. Some companies also perform basic air duct checks and then provide a report of the additionally required repairs.
Q: How do air duct cleaning companies charge?
A: Air duct and vent cleaning companies have three charging methods: per unit, per project, the so-called flat rates, and per square footage. The latter charging method is the most common for commercial air duct cleaning orders because the project scope is too big to be evaluated otherwise. Keep in mind that square footage rates don’t include labor, materials, equipment, and travel charges.
Per project prices are set for packaged deals a company offers. Most often, the packages differ in terms of the service scope and instruments applied to a project. The most basic packages don’t include furnace cleaning or isolate application. Besides that, flat rates are set individually by every single service provider so there is no average price for such a charging method.
Per unit charge is mostly applied to the residential air duct and vent cleaning projects. It’s advised for homes with poor vent system or for those who clean their ducts regularly. This is also a great offer if you already understand which part of your vent system requires attention.
Q: What is the average cost of the air duct cleaning service?
A: Most homeowners spend $260-$380 on residential air duct and vent cleaning service. However, since charging methods and rates vary significantly in the industry, we collected all those numbers in a single air duct and vent cleaning cost guide.
Q: What factors affect the cost of the air duct cleaning service?
A: Here are the most common factors that are likely to increase the final bill for the air duct cleaning:
- Residential vs commercial. Commercial charges tend to cost 30%-50% more than residential projects.
- Non-standard duct system. If your home was built long ago, then chances are your duct system is different from the standard modern plans. In this case, a company will either have to find the original plans in the archives or act haphazardly.
- Mold and mildew. Removal of mold and mildew is frequently charged as an additional service. So if you have such an issue, be ready to pay extra.
- Disinfection. Disinfect fog is used only for deep cleaning project and is always charged extra when used.
- Asbestos. Asbestos removal is essential before a company can get down to cleaning the ducts. Should the experts spot asbestos in your home ductwork, you will have to hire an asbestos removal expert first.
- Protective sealants. Protective sealants help to keep the dirt off your air ventilation system for a longer time. This service is always performed on request.
Q: How to hire a reliable air duct and vent cleaning company?
A: Here are the top five signs of a reliable company.
- License. Every duct cleaner must obtain at least a business license. Not all states require them to have it. So before hiring an expert in your area, read your local regulations on the matter.
- Membership. There is the National Air Duct Cleaners Association. If your company is a member of this association, then it is a qualitative service provider.
- Experience. Try to work with companies that have been in the market for at least seven years and that can give you some reference list.
- Reputation. Check the cleaner’s complaints register to see its reputation and whether all the disputes are currently resolved.
- Insurance. Always hire a company with insurance coverage to free yourself from the responsibility should anything goes wrong in the process of cleaning.