19 Family Photographers near you
We will ask a few questions to match you with the top rated pros near you
Where do you need Family Photography Services?
Best Family Photographers close to you
We are a premier drone and photography company based in the beautiful city of Pasadena, California. We specialize in capturing stunning aerial images and videos using state-of-the-art drones equipped with high-resolution cameras and cutting-edge technology. Our Services: 1. Aerial Photography and Videography:… View more
Experienced Freelance Photographer for Hire. If you're in rush and on a budget I am you're Photographer. All occasions. Please inquire. If you are needing a photographer or photograph's assistant or even consultant, I can help. Los Angeles area, specifically in Pasadena. Shooting for 20 years with a BFA in Photography Degree. View more
Welcome to Agostini Photography ! Having been born and raised in the Greater Tampa Bay area I have a real passion for capturing, through my photography, the memorable moments that take place in the great state of Florida for its many wonderful residents and tourists. I have been behind a camera for over… View more
CDA Photography is a company formed in 2009 in order to fulfill the need for innovative and cutting edge photography at an affordable rate in Southern California. We pride ourselves on offering you a photography packages that fits your individual photo needs! So you can go with our standard sale prices… View more
We are husband and wife team based in Southern California who love to travel and whose passion for photography inspired Kunhardt Photography. Our Passion lies in photographing weddings and portraits. Our goal is to tell your story by capturing the many fleeting moments of your special day. Our style… View more
Made In My Image provides mobile makeup application, hair styling and photography services in the comfort and convenience of your home or location. Makeup application and hairstyling is available for all occasions, events and those well needed moments of pampering. In studio and outdoor photography sessions… View more
I am not a typical photographer. I am a photojournalist, documenting stories. Your story. I am unobtrusive, letting stories unfold in front of the lens and capturing them as creatively as I can. My images tell stories about people, people's properties, vehicles, people who are truly in love, and the… View more
PHOTOGRAPHY SERVICES (Outdoor) Senior portrait Family portrait Couple portrait Graduation portrait Products Many more! 1 hour session ($300) Your desire location (15 miles within 91364). Additional fee of $25 apply beyond the distance. 10 photo (All edited) 2 hours session ($500) Your desire location (15 miles within 91364). View more
FJTR productions was founded in 2014. Our company provides quality Photo,Video, Drone Video and DJ services. Based in the LA area our goal is to provide the best service to our clients and deliver a distinctive product. *We do travel ask for details. * Studio shots are available for professional portraits or family pictures. View more
Natalia Melnikova is a professional wedding, fashion, and portrait photographer, now based in Los Angeles. She started her career in Moscow and has since become known all over the world. Her work has been featured in international fashion magazines, and she has taught master classes in several countries including Greece and Bulgaria. View more
Hi, And welcome! We're a company that does it all, we have everything you need for your next event! Whether it's a small kids party or a lavish wedding. We will take all your ideas and have it come to life for that special day. We will have constant communication prior to the event and will make changes… View more
Questions and Answers
Q: What do family photographer services include?
A: Family photographers got their name from the family photo sessions they offer. These photo experts work with families of all sizes and constitutions to catch unforgettable family emotions on the faces of all members. Besides people, some photographers also work with pets because many families consider the smaller friends to be a part of the family.
After the actual shooting is over, family photographers require a couple of weeks to retouch your photos and provide edited images without any drawbacks. Some photographers also create photo albums, large photo prints, and beautiful online galleries for their clients for an additional charge.
Q: How do family photographers charge?
A: The standard charging method in the industry is for a full photo session. The sessions generally last between one and three hours, letting two-hour sessions prevail. In addition to the actual session, you should also be ready that there are additional services not included in the initial cost. For example, printed photos or presence of pets are not universal services offered by all photographers.
Besides the photo services, photographers may also offer makeup and stylist to be present on set but such an addition will also influence the final charge.
Q: What is the average cost of the family photographer services?
A: Family photographers usually charge between $175 and $350 for a full session that lasts about two hours. However, most families spend about $670 for a family photo session in total due to a number of additional services. You can read more about the prices for family photo sessions in our family photographer cost guide.
Q: What factors affect the cost of the family photographer services?
A: Besides the services included in the photographer’s package, there are particular cost-affecting factors that might appear on your bill.
- Number of people. Generally, family photographers consider a family that is a group of people fewer than six. Should you have more family members, the shooting process will be more complicated and so tiresome. As a result, most photographers will charge extra for every additional participant over six.
- Presence of pets or animals. Not all photographers love working with pets so sometimes they may charge extra cash for another family member of yours.
- Extra edited images. There are always several edited photos you will get after the session. But in case you want to get more of them in high resolution and without any flaws on your faces, you will have to pay extra.
- Location. If you hire a photographer from a different city, then be ready to cover travel expenses as well. The same rule applies to the open air sessions or when a photographer takes pictures in your home instead of a studio.
Q: How to avoid dealing with a scam family photographer?
A: Scam photographer is the one who has no skills and no artistic view of the world. Hiring such a photographer means wasting your time and money on lower-than-average photos. Here are the top signs of bad family photographers:
- Natural light only. Skilled photographers know how to work with artificial light and use additional lamps to make your skin look better on the shots. Those who right off the bat declare not using artificial light usually don’t know how to use it.
- Stamp-like photos. If you browse through the albums of a photographer and notice that all the poses and arrangement of people are the same on every photo then it’s a sign of a creativity lacking. You want a photo session that will highlight your family’s personality, catch your spirit, and depict your character instead of getting some dull copypasted images.
- No prints. This is one of the basic signs of a novice to the industry. All pros know how to make prints and how important they are. Very often lack of prints on the shelf of offers equals complete lack of experience and so the lowest quality of the service possible.
- No click in your head and heart. This is not a physical sign but rather your own feeling. When you look at "your" photographer, you will feel some click in your mind. You will trust the expert and listen to the tips given. You will feel that you’re working together for the greater cause. And without this kind of "click," there is no use making a session because it will be one of the many instead of being unique.