14 House Cleaners near you
We will ask a few questions to match you with the top rated pros near you
Where do you need House Cleaning Services?
Best House Cleaners close to you
Questions and Answers
Q: What do house cleaning services include?
A: House cleaners help to maintain a home clean and neatly. They can perform any kind of cleaning services one may need from basic wet washing of the floors to the complete clearing out of a basement or attic. Most often house cleaners are hired on a regular basis to maintain cleanliness in a home over a determined time frame. House cleaning services can be performed both by large cleaning companies and by individual cleaners.
Q: How do house cleaning companies charge?
A: House cleaners charge per hour of one-man work. This means that if you want two house cleaning experts to work in your home, you will need to double the per hour price for it. Besides that, if you decide to hire a cleaner on a long-term basis, you can expect to receive lower per hour rates as a discount.
In case you have a very large area for cleaning, for instance, the commercial premises from 1,500 square feet, you can also expect per foot charging method and even flat rates.
Q: What is the average cost of the house cleaning services?
A: The average cost of the house cleaning services varies from $20 per hour to $65 per hour, where most homeowners spend about $40 per hour. You can find more information about the pricing policy of the home cleaners in our house cleaning cost guide.
Q: What factors affect the cost of the house cleaning services?
A: While the frequency of cleaning may offer the discount prices for the services, the rest of the factors will usually increase your final bill. The most common factors include:
- Cleaning character. Some homeowners only need a cleaner to dust everything, while others might require very scrupulous cleaning of floors, walls, cabinetry, sofas, carpets, etc. Basically, the accuracy and the variety of cleaning surfaces will increase the cost.
- Number of workers. The more people you need for cleaning, the higher the final price is.
- Presence of pets. Pets guarantee dirtier homes and also complicate the cleaning process. So, as a rule, home cleaners will charge you more if you have pets.
- Special cleaning. Fridge cleaning, attic, and basement declutter and arrangement, as well as clothes ironing are typically not included in the price table of the house cleaning companies. You may request them, however, for an additional charge.
- Individual vs. company. Individual cleaners tend to have lower per hour rates than larger companies.
Q: How to avoid dealing with a scam house cleaning company?
A: House cleaners will spend several hours a week in your home, so it is of utmost importance to ensure that you hire the reputable service providers to avoid thefts. Here are a couple of tips that will help you find the best house cleaner.
- References and comments. Read opinions that people left about a particular company or cleaning individual on your list. Go through local directories and forums, and don’t neglect the word of mouth from your colleagues and friends.
- Insurance. Liability insurance is a must for house cleaners. It protects your belongings should any go missing or get broken in the cleaning process.
- Documents. License, accreditation, and affiliations are essential in this business. While anyone, in fact, can clean a home, the legal proof of professionalism is an additional guarantee of a quality service.
- Real numbers. You already know the average cost of the house cleaning services. So if you spot too low or too high prices, then it’s better to avoid such extremes. Hire a company with a reasonable pricing policy and don’t get hooked by the low rates.
- Paperwork. Even if you hire an individual worker to clean your home, it’s still highly advised to sign a legally binding contract to protect both yourself and your worker.