CNA private duty
Certified Nursing Assistant Home Health Services provided:
• Assesses patient condition by monitoring vital signs; recording intake and output; reviewing patient care journal; keeping family informed.
• Administers treatments by dispensing medications; changing bandages; administering oxygen; maintaining oxygen supply and equipment.
• Records patient information by making entries in the patient journal; notifying agency nursing supervisor of changing or unusual conditions.
• Helps patients care for themselves by introducing and teaching assisted living techniques, such as using a cane or walker, using special utensils to eat, using special techniques and equipment for personal hygiene needs.
• Helps family members care for the patient by introducing and teaching appropriate ways to lift, turn, and re-position the patient; putting the family in contact with resources for additional home care help; directing them to Medicare reimbursement approaches for hospital beds, portable toilets, canes, walkers, lift-chairs, wheelchairs, etc.
• Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy patient environment by following asepses standards and procedures; changing linens, dusting, vacuuming; maintaining kitchen and bathroom facilities, handling personal laundry; maintaining security.
• Provides nutritious meals by following prescribed dietary requirements and nutrition standards; preparing, cooking, and serving meals and snacks.
• Maintains continuity of patient home care by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs in the patient journal for the next caregiver.
• Updates job knowledge and maintains certified nursing assistant status by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; fulfilling continuing education requirements.
• Protects the home health care company by adhering to professional standards, home care policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
Can provide extra services not mentioned as needed for an extra fee.
Days available: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday's
Rate: $18.00 hr. cash or check per diem
For professional and courteous service Call Deanna DeGrandis