Bravoa Tutoring Services
Beyond Your Expectations
We offer personal tutoring (better than group tutoring) in the Honolulu area in your home, library or school. We bring to the tutoring sessions many years of experience in teaching (over 34 years) and tutoring (over 20 years ). We also bring the enthusiasm of enjoying the subjects we tutor. Our number one goal is to inspire our students to find value in their studying and this will result in better performance in their classes.
Our plan is to help our students become more accomplished in school, consistent in completing assignments, and preparing more effectively for quizzes and tests. We have been working with the counselors of Roosevelt High School to improve student performance and grades, and help students graduate.
1. Mathematics: basic math, pre-algebra, algebra I and II, geometry, trigonometry, graphing calculators...In classical Greece with great philosophers such as Socrates, Plato, and Pythagoras mathematics was considered the most important discipline for personal development. We are in accord with this vision of math.
2. English: improving reading comprehension in all subjects especially in answering questions on tests and on homework assignments. Developing talents for finding topics for term papers and efficiently writing papers. Developing skills in writing essays... Culturing talents for the ACT and SAT exams including writing essays, vocabulary development and reading comprehension.
3. The Sciences: physics, basic science, chemistry, biology, economics, ...
4. History and most other subjects.
We suggest additional texts for all the subjects to facilitate learning.
5. Assisting with SAT or ACT preparation with concrete ideas to improve reading, writing, math skills, and test taking.
With SAT and ACT prep we recommend supplementary textbooks. Diagnostic tests are provided in SAT math preparation. During the sessions we work with the student, solving problems, answering questions, and providing suggestions for greater success.
1. Providing ideas to learn smarter and faster such as jam writing to help write papers; master planning to aid in using time for greatest accomplishments; creative note taking to ensure preparation for success on quizzes and exams, etc.
3. Suggesting ways to increase energy level, ability to focus, creativity, enthusiasm, etc.
4. Recommending ideas to help meet the challenges of ADD, ADHD, low energy, disorganization, etc.
We offer a free consultation to provide you with more information about our services and assess your child's needs.
Call us for more information.