Exterminator near you
We will ask a few questions to match you with the top rated pros near you
Where do you need Pest Control Services?
We have found no providers in your city
Submit your request and we will find the best local professionals for you
Questions and Answers
Q: What do pest control companies do?
A: Pest control companies provide services related to the elimination of pests from your home. They can help you get rid of any pests, including but not limited to ants, rodents, bed bugs, bees, termites, and even bats. Whenever you notice pests, do not hesitate to call the pest control specialists.
Apart from urgent pest control calls, companies also deal with systematic and precautionary calls of homeowners who are willing to protect their premises from pests and require preventive pest control assistance.
Q: How do pest control companies charge?
A: All pest control companies generally operate on a per-project basis. This means that a team of experts comes to your home and performs any required steps to get rid of pests in your home and you pay for the project in total. Very rarely you might find per-hour rates for long-lasting projects when pest control experts need to deal with the extermination of several pests at once.
Q: What is the average cost of the pest control services?
A: On average, you can expect to pay from $180 to $275 for pest control services. However, be ready that the price may be significantly higher due to the problem scope and kind of pest the company will need to deal with. Find more information about the costs in the industry in our pest control cost guide.
Q: What factors affect the cost of the pest control services?
A: One of the most cost-influential factors in the pest control business is the type of pest you have. While, for instance, a bee nest is a relatively fast and easy case, termites removal may last for a week or so with the necessity to move out from the house for the entire period of service. Apart from the pest type, the price can vary due to:
- Case scope, or home size. If you have only a couple of cockroaches, then the case will be an easy one to solve. In case your whole basement swarms with them, you will have a much broader and complex case for the pest control company. The scope of infestation/the number of pests increases the price significantly.
- Services type. You may require a one-time visit of an expert or an initial screening of the problem. The former is required when the pest is clearly identified and you only need to get rid of it. The latter is needed when you’re not sure what kind of pest you have. Besides that, you might cooperate with pest control services on a regular basis. The one-time visit costs the most while regular visits have the lowest price per visit.
- Pesticides use. If you want your home to be treated only with organic solutions and you want to avoid the use of heavy chemicals, then you are likely to pay more because such cases require much more time and manpower to complete.
- Health risks. Some neglected cases may require major treatment activities related to the vast use of chemicals and long working hours. The more health risks your case poses, the higher will be your final estimate.
Q: How to avoid dealing with a scam pest control company?
A: Scam in the pest control business equals failure to get rid of pests and so the necessity to hire another company to do the same job. This literally doubles the initial cost of pest extermination. Make sure you verify the following information at a company to avoid a rogue representative:
- License. A license is obligatory in most US states. Always verify not only the availability but also validity of the company’s license.
- Training. Apart from the license, every employee of the pest control company working with pests needs to complete a special training related to a particular pest type. Always request the proof of such training completed by the crew members who will be working over your problem.
- References and complaints. References from the latest customers of a company can demonstrate the quality of services a company is offering. Complaints existing on the account of a particular company demonstrate its quality and responsibility in everything related to the pest extermination. Always verify this info.
- Guarantees. Inquire if a company provides any guarantees, or warranty, for the completed job because you definitely don’t want to deal, for instance, with mice again in a couple of days after their extermination.
- Contract. Hire only those pest control specialists who provide a signed contract with all the detailed information of the services. This document will guarantee that you stay within the intended price range and that the crew performs all the required services to eliminate pests from your home.