Mark Ross Jr
As a long time motorcycle enthusiast, I have been riding motorcycles daily for 18 years since the age of 17. During this time frame, I’ve had the privilege of riding a multitude of motorcycles ranging from 250cc’s to 1800cc’s including but not limited to, Sport Bikes, Cruisers, Touring, Harley Davidson’s, and more. This provides me the unique ability to teach people of all ages how to effectively and safely ride and operate not only their own cycles, but those of others as well. I always instill in people that if you can “Ride One, You can Ride Them ALL.” I also have an extensive background in “all things motorcycle” focused primarily on Customer Service and Safety as my number one priority!
I have been providing private 1-on-1 motorcycle training for over 2 years. I am extremely thorough, patient, kind, and possess the ability to tailor any lesson to various, customer specific needs while addressing their main concerns.
If you are seeking an in depth, comprehensive, safe and enjoyable learning experience, I encourage you to review my customer feedback so you are confident in knowing you chose the perfect Instructor for all of your motorcycle needs!
Working to provide and promote the safest setting where you can learn to ride a motorcycle, refresh your skills, learn new and advanced skills, all while making sure customer safety is our number one priority!
WHAT WE OFFER
Unmatched, private, one-on-one motorcycle training! We specialize in providing tailored lessons to train new riders, those looking to improve their current skills and refresher training. JR’s uses unique exercise designs and concepts throughout the lesson that all riders can learn from. JR’s also offers a variety of additional services including motorcycle transport, ride-along coaching sessions, road test prep/rentals, new and used motorcycle purchase assistance, motorcycle repair and maintenance services, and more! Each lesson lasts approximately 2-3 hours based on the individual’s needs and progression.
WHERE WE TRAIN
At JR’s PCL, we make it convenient by coming to you to provide a personalized training lesson on your motorcycle or ours! We also have several locations throughout New Jersey and Pennsylvania where you can come learn on our bikes or yours!
ONE-ON-ONE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
Each lesson includes the following:
• Two to three hour private lesson designed to utilize step-by-step progression. Lessons are tailored to new and more experienced riders looking to improve or refresh their current skills.
Each rider is taught at their own pace according to personal comfort level. As each skill is mastered, our clients gain the confidence needed to exceed any self-imposed limitations.
• Detailed explanation of the motorcycle, controls, instrument cluster and how to use each effectively to develop safe ride habits.
• Proper pre-ride checks, emergency braking, maneuvering techniques and more! JR’s teaches rain or shine. This allows us to adequately train and prepare you for safe riding no mater the road conditions.
• State road test preparation incorporated during lesson.
• Post-lesson Q & A to cover anything motorcycle related you may still have on your mind.
• Ongoing access to your trainer to answer questions, address concerns or to provide additional assistance you may need.
• Guaranteed to leave lesson feeling more confident, relaxed, and most importantly, knowing how to ride and operate the motorcycle safely!
• Riders with known or unique learning differences are encouraged to disclose this information prior to lesson so that additional accommodations can be made if needed.
• Valid automobile driver’s license, motorcycle permit or motorcycle license that must be current at time of the lesson.
For lessons conducted on a motorcycle provided by JR’s PCL, a picture of your DL or permit must be presented prior to the lesson. Upon successful completion and payment for the lesson, picture will be deleted in front of you in its entirety.
• Appropriate riding attire. You must wear long pants, long sleeved shirt, helmet (or eye protection if in PA) and shoes or boots covering your ankles (preferred).
• Executed Waiver of Liability
• Each private lesson lasts 2-3 hours and costs $300.
• If your specific learning style requires longer than usual lesson times, or multiple lessons, arrangements can be made for subsequent lessons at a reduced cost.
• For areas that exceed a distance of 30 miles from Marlton, NJ, an additional fee may be applied to accommodate for gas, tolls, time and mileage. Any additional fee will be discussed prior to scheduling.
• Deposit of $150 is required within 24 hours of booking in order to secure your appointment. Appointment times are limited and slotted to accommodate riders with a true desire to learn to ride. For this reason, any cancellations within 24 Hours of scheduled lesson will result in the forfeiture of your deposit. Extenuating circumstances will be accommodated if JR’s PCL is notified in a timely manner.
ROAD TEST PRACTICE
• One-on-one guided practice of your specific state’s road test.
• Repetition of exercises with specific emphasis on the proper techniques needed to successfully complete the skills assessment.
• Testing site location advice.
ROAD TEST RENTAL
• Transportation of motorcycle to and from testing site.
• Up to 1.5 hours of practice sessions provided prior to your road test.
Our ride along sessions is geared towards new riders looking to gain road experience and those looking for a real time assessment of their current skills in order to ride safely. Whether it’s your first time out on the road, or you learned to ride on flat ground but live in an area filled with hills, our ride along sessions will help you gain the experience you need in order to feel comfortable and safe out on the road.
Ride along sessions include:
• Open road ride along with a JR’s instructor on either your bike or ours.
• Real time assessment, evaluation, and instruction of road skills on best practices on various types of roadways.
• Headset communication and instruction while riding.
• [Tail car can be provided as a buffer.]
MOTORCYCLE PURCHASE ASSISTANCE
Don’t let your eyes get bigger than your ride! Dealerships are in the business of selling motorcycles. At JR’s, we make sure to fit you on the appropriate bike that you can safely ride and grow into. JR’s has established relationships with dealerships who have expressed a sincere desire to ensure they aren’t selling motorcycles to people who don’t know how to ride. They believe in our training and for that reason are willing to offer the best deals to our clients. Our motorcycle assistance program gives you access to our partners (link) at no cost to you.
In addition to our relationships with dealerships, JR’s staff is available to help you fully evaluate any motorcycles you may find on social media or sale sites. We know what questions to ask and what to look for when purchasing a used motorcycle. Knowing the true value of a motorcycle as well as the true cost of repairs means we won’t let anyone take advantage of you!
Whether you purchased your bike and don’t have your permit/license yet or just don’t feel safe riding it home, JR’s is happy to offer motorcycle transport assistance.
MOTORCYCLE MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR
JR’s PCL offers professional motorcycle repair and maintenance services through our connections with private, motorcycle only repair shops. We can offer you the peace of mind knowing your motorcycle will be diagnosed, repaired, and ready for pick up or drop off in a fast, professional, reliable manner. Don’t overpay at a dealership ever again! Our teams of expert engineers and mechanics have been building and repairing motorcycles for over 35 years! Please call us for more details to arrange your next service!
At JR’s Private Cycle Lessons, our mission is to teach those who want to learn how to safely and effectively ride a motorcycle. When you come to JR’s Private Cycle Lessons, you receive personalized, non-stop instruction, customized to your specific skill level.
While we recognize the value of state run safety courses, these classes are typically days long, designed as a one size fits all approach, and focus more on classroom content than practical, on range individual rider training. Whether you grasp a concept quickly or need more time, you are only able to learn at the pace of those around you. At JR’s, we use a customized approach to teach you how to ride at your own pace while building your comfort and confidence level as your progress.
We are not affiliated with DMV or state run safety courses. Although we cannot offer you an endorsement on your license, we can offer you the peace of mind knowing you chose the right place to come for all of your rider training needs. Customer satisfaction is our priority and you will absolutely leave our lesson knowing how to ride.
As individual results vary based on learning styles, please note that riding is not for everyone! We will always do our best to ensure every rider who comes to us leaves satisfied and knowing how to ride. However, there are times where unfortunately we will advise you that riding a motorcycle may not be for you. This is not only for your protection, but that of others as well. Because of this, we always stress the importance of coming back for follow up lessons once you become more familiar with the concept of motorcycle riding.
Please don't hesitate to call and start riding today!
Mark Ross Jr