- Sport Lessons
My name is Chris Paish, I am a member of the Woodbridge Tennis Club at South Lake coaching staff, and carry with me 10 years experience coaching the game, and over 20 years of playing experience, competing in tournaments all over the world. I received a tennis scholarship to Concordia University, Irvine, playing both singles and doubles, helping the team to finish within the top 10 in the nation every year at the National Championships in Mobile, Alabama.
I also carry with me invaluable knowledge of the game due to both my father and grandfather playing professionally on the ATP tour, with my father reaching the semi-finals of Wimbledon, and reaching a career high ATP singles ranking of 80, and doubles ranking inside the top 40. Tennis is in my blood and the invaluable experience I have gained from such an upbringing is something that I am able to proudly bestow upon each and every one of my students.
My playing accomplishments include:
- Reached a men's singles career high of 42 in the country.
- Reached a junior singles career high of 23 in the country.
- Winner of multiple junior open, and men's open tournaments.
- Obtained a junior ITF world ranking, and competed in tournaments across the globe, including the UK, France, Spain, and Canada.
- Represented my state across all age groups, from 10 and under all the way up to the men's division.
- British National Father & Son Doubles Champion.
- Represented Concordia University, Irvine playing both singles and doubles, and finishing inside the top 10 in the nation every year, respectively.
- Former All-American player.
I am a level one LTA licensed coach, with vast experience teaching all age groups from young players holding a racket for the very first time, all the way up to seasoned high level junior players, and adults alike. I have previously worked with Joel Ross (former ATP player and high-level performance coach) and Billy Martin (former NCAA winner, ATP professional, and now head coach of UCLA men's tennis team). I have a great personality to match my coaching methods, and I am easily able to guarantee a fantastic learning experience for each and every one of my students. References will be available at request.
Tennis is a game for everyone, and tennis players are highly valued as the best all round athletes on the planet. I am available not only as a high-performance professional coach, but also as a hitting partner for the stronger player looking for a solid session of drilling and strategic adjustment.
Please feel free to contact me any time via email response to this page, or via phone directly to inquire about rate, to schedule a lesson, or simply if you have any further questions at all.
I look forward to meeting you on the court.
Thank you, Chris Paish