81 Movers near you
We will ask a few questions to match you with the top rated pros near you
Where do you need Moving Services?
Best Movers close to you
Visionary Mover PREMIUM
Visionary movers. Here at visionary movers we take pride in being fast and eifficent. We will make sure every peice of furniture is right were you want, we don't leave tell you're happy. We specialize in loads, unloads, packs, pack and moves and full service moves. Are guys will take unwanted furniture as needed. View more
Cipro Logistic’s team of Professionals helps you save money and handle all your moving needs. We are a locally based company. What this means is that our clients benefit from our knowledge of the local area. From office relocation, to large complex plant and specialized transportation needs, Cipro… View more
Stressed about your move? Need help lifting heavy furniture or other personal belongings? Or simply want to relax after exhausting organizing and packing. Well Moving Pros North West is here to help. We offers our customers the best rates while maintaining the utmost care for your belongings. We utilize… View more
"My grandfather once told me that there are two kinds of people: those who work and those who take the credit. He told me to try and be in the first group; there was less competition there" -- Indira Gandhi .................................................................................... We are James… View more
Pals Moving Systems is Seattle's premium moving service handling moves big and small for our neighbors throughout Western Washington amd beyond. Need help packing? No problem! Need move in/out cleaning? We got you! Moving out of state? We'll get you there! We take the stress out of moving so you can… View more
Call for a free professional moving estimate Coast Movers Thanks you for your interest! Moving locally or out of state to and from Washington & or Oregon? Residential or Commerical Excellent Moving Services. We are a privately owned company utilizing only dedicated professionals to move your belongings with the utmost care and compassion. View more
Hello there, We would be more than happy to arrange an excellent crew for your move. SERVICES THAT WE OFFER: ►We move apartments, houses, offices & storage ►We do local moving ►We can rearrange your furniture in your home ►Furniture delivery from a home or any store (IKEA, Macys, etc) ►Haul… View more
We are your home experts, specializing in moving, cleaning, hauling, junk removal, and demolition projects. Premium auto detailing available too! We also providing services to commercial, real estate, and business clients. Call for details. Contact us today to find out how we can make your life a little… View more
Stress-Free Movers offers competitive rates for professional packing and unpacking, to better meet the needs of our residential commercial and corporate customers. Our crews are professionally trained to move, protect and handle your office equipment, furniture and household goods. Our experienced team… View more
We here at Those Incredible Movers offer loading and unloading of customer rented trucks, piano Moving, storage ,apartment moves , household Moves, office moves .. We specialize in senior transitions, we work with over 16 Retirement Communities, 29 different real estate agents,9 different storage facilities,… View more
Big jobs,small jobs,quick jobs,long jobs, doesn'matter! Give us a call. - 26ft big box moving truck - door to door moving service - local or long distance moving - packing service - only labor - assembly furniture - last minute moving - free estimate Moving materials; Moving padsPlastic wrap and tape. View more
Are You in need of Moving Services? Loading/ Unloading Services $80hr ( 2 guys,dolly, tools). 2 hr minimum You rent the truck/ Trailer/POD/Ubox We can load and unload for You. taking all the stress off of You and Your family. Let Our crew Get Your items tucked away and Unloaded. We have all the tools,… View more
Anything Goes is a locally owned and operated family business, fully licensed in the state of Washington. We specialize in junk/garbage removal, moving and hauling services and have over 10 years of experience in this business. We enjoy meeting people from all walks of life everyday and are happy to lighten the load for anyone needing our services. View more
Questions and Answers
Q: What do moving companies do?
A: Moving companies provide people and businesses with the services of moving goods from point A to point B. The relocation can be carried out interstate and intrastate. In any case, you can expect that a moving crew will ensure you not only with the moving itself but also arranging and packing all your items in boxes and packs, loading them in the vehicle, hoisting them from your residence to the destination, unloading and unpacking them at a new place.
Moving companies sometimes also offer additional services such as move-out cleaning, furniture assembly, storage, and junk or garbage removal.
Q: How do moving companies charge?
A: Moving companies usually charge either by the hour or per square foot. It hinges on the distance mostly. If you’re going to relocate locally, that is within 100 miles, you’ll pay per hour rate. If you go to some other state, or to the place that is further than 100 miles, you have to pay per square foot.
Q: What is the average cost of the moving services?
A: It’s difficult to define the exact cost of the move as there are many factors that shape the overall price but on average, expect to pay some $20-$55 per hour or $11-$17 per square foot. For detailed information, check our moving cost guide.
Q: What factors affect the cost of the moving services?
A: There is a range of important factors that affect the cost of your move, here are the most important ones:
- Distance: moving within one state is cheaper than moving from Sacramento to Dallas, for instance.
- Size of your apartment or house: moving the entire house is heftier than moving a 1-bedroom apartment.
- Number of items: a cluttered 1-bedroom apartment can cost more than a 3-bedroom dwelling just because picking-up, packing and loading all of the goods in the cluttered space is a bit more complicated than in the roomy residence.
- Bulk or fragile items: moving a grand piano or a motorcycle will cost you much more than taking a few boxes with clothes and some silverware from the kitchen.
- Timing: busy seasons such as summer are charged higher. The same works for holidays and weekends.
- Urgency: the faster you want to move, the higher is the price.
- Scope of works: if you need a full package of services, be ready to pay more. If you want to cut down your expenses, you can delegate part of the workload to movers and another part to your family and friends.
- Vehicle you rent: do you need a van or a truck? How many hours you’re going to use it? How many miles are you going to cover?
- Stairs (lifts): it’s always easier to work in a detached house than in an apartment on the 4th or 5th floor.
- Access to the loading/unloading area.
Q: How to avoid dealing with a scam moving company?
A: Unfortunately, there are many fraudulent companies in the moving industry. In fact, with 35 million people moving every year in America about 4100 of them fall victims to disreputable moving companies. In order to avoid this unpleasant experience and spot rogue movers immediately, pay attention to the following:
- On-site inspection. Any legitimate moving company will request an inspection of the stuff you’re going to move before they give you any estimate. If the movers refuse to come to your place, that is a red flag.
- Low costs. It’s just too good to be true. Once you hear you’re asked to pay incredibly low prices for the work done, it’s time to become alert.
- Ask for a deposit. No reliable company does this.
- Final payment in cash only. Are they afraid of money tracking?
- Incomplete documents. If your movers ask you to sign a blank or incomplete document and say that they will fill out the papers later, avoid dealing with these shady movers immediately. You should know all the conditions of your collaboration in advance.
- No estimate in writing.
- No license. In the majority of cases, a moving company does require a license. Here we are talking about two types of moving: interstate and intrastate. In case of interstate moving, a license from the United States Department of Transportation is obligatory. In case of the intrastate moving, each state set its own requirements that should be checked in advance.
- No insurance. Save yourself a headache and check that the moving company you hire is insured. If not, you risk having your precious things chipped or completely broken with no reimbursement.
- Reviews: check the company’s online presence and their reviews. Pay additional attention to their former projects, qualification, and experience in the field.