42 Movers near you
We will ask a few questions to match you with the top rated pros near you
Where do you need Moving Services?
Best Movers close to you
Established in 2016. M.A.T. Movers is a division of Mid Atlantic Transportation, LLC. Established in 2016, our company was founded by and is managed by Michael Petrenko an experienced driver and household mover. Having worked for others in the Washington Metropolitan Area for several years, Michael decided… View more
At Express Movers Each move starts and ends with dedication to you. We believe that your time should begin with your complete understanding of each step that will be taken. We provide expert and accurate information on what you can expect during the move. We want you to understand your role in the move and what you can expect from us. View more
Skyride Moving & Storage Inc is a professional moving company. Residential or commercial moving Apartment or college student moving Equipment moving or moving labor Offering availability seven days a week and complimentary written estimates, Skyride Moving & Storage is your go-to moving company in Alexandria and nearby area. View more
Any Assembly – Providing The Best Furniture Services In Virginia And Washington, DC! Whether you’re dealing with a large order of furniture from IKEA, the installation of fitness equipment at a new gym, or any other project that requires furniture assembly, Any Assembly is the best choice for professional… View more
"Expert Movers" MOVERS AND TRUCK 7 DAY A WEEK, LAST MINUTE🚛 SAME DAY 🚚 NEXT DAY🏠ASAP EASY CALL FOR MORE INFORMATION, HOURLY RATE AND TRUCK FEE APARTMENT SPECIALISTS PIANO SPECIALISTS HOUSE MOVE INTERNAL MOVE IN HOUSE PICKUP AND DELIVERY AND + Our goal is to provide you with an excellent service… View more
Stressing out about the big move? Kick back, relax, and let our professional movers do all the heavy lifting! Wingmen Moving, LLC. is a local, professional moving company that can tackle any moving job no matter how big or how small. Our friendly staff of movers specialize in loading and unloading trucks… View more
COVERING DC, MD AND VA 2 HOUR MINIMUM Everything Moving Service IS AN OFFICIAL MOVING COMPANY LICENSED, REGISTERED AND INSURED IN THE STATE OF MARYLAND. WE OFFER PRICES NO COMPANY CAN BEAT! OFFERING PRICES AS LOW AS $200 DOLLARS FOR THE FIRST TWO HOURS THEN 70 DOLLARS EVERY HOUR AFTER (FOR TWO MEN AND… View more
We are ready, willing and able to help you move on to the next chapter in your life! Do you want a mover you can trust with all of your cherished possessions? Do you want a mover who UNDERSTANDS the stress of moving, and knows how to alleviate that stress? Do you want to make sure you're not over-paying?… View more
Smart Moving is a moving company located in Falls Church, VA that specializes in residential, commercial, and corporate moves throughout the area. Our modern moving professionals have a wide range of professional skills as well as industry experience. As a result of our extensive experience in the industry… View more
Hey I'm Offering CHEAP QUOTES for MOVING services HAULING services and other services just ask. We service the entire Maryland. We also provide flat rates. You can also send Picture of what you have for faster quote. We had teams of 2, teams of 3,and teams of 4. We are reliable,dependable and fast working. View more
Questions and Answers
Q: What do moving companies do?
A: Moving companies provide people and businesses with the services of moving goods from point A to point B. The relocation can be carried out interstate and intrastate. In any case, you can expect that a moving crew will ensure you not only with the moving itself but also arranging and packing all your items in boxes and packs, loading them in the vehicle, hoisting them from your residence to the destination, unloading and unpacking them at a new place.
Moving companies sometimes also offer additional services such as move-out cleaning, furniture assembly, storage, and junk or garbage removal.
Q: How do moving companies charge?
A: Moving companies usually charge either by the hour or per square foot. It hinges on the distance mostly. If you’re going to relocate locally, that is within 100 miles, you’ll pay per hour rate. If you go to some other state, or to the place that is further than 100 miles, you have to pay per square foot.
Q: What is the average cost of the moving services?
A: It’s difficult to define the exact cost of the move as there are many factors that shape the overall price but on average, expect to pay some $20-$55 per hour or $11-$17 per square foot. For detailed information, check our moving cost guide.
Q: What factors affect the cost of the moving services?
A: There is a range of important factors that affect the cost of your move, here are the most important ones:
- Distance: moving within one state is cheaper than moving from Sacramento to Dallas, for instance.
- Size of your apartment or house: moving the entire house is heftier than moving a 1-bedroom apartment.
- Number of items: a cluttered 1-bedroom apartment can cost more than a 3-bedroom dwelling just because picking-up, packing and loading all of the goods in the cluttered space is a bit more complicated than in the roomy residence.
- Bulk or fragile items: moving a grand piano or a motorcycle will cost you much more than taking a few boxes with clothes and some silverware from the kitchen.
- Timing: busy seasons such as summer are charged higher. The same works for holidays and weekends.
- Urgency: the faster you want to move, the higher is the price.
- Scope of works: if you need a full package of services, be ready to pay more. If you want to cut down your expenses, you can delegate part of the workload to movers and another part to your family and friends.
- Vehicle you rent: do you need a van or a truck? How many hours you’re going to use it? How many miles are you going to cover?
- Stairs (lifts): it’s always easier to work in a detached house than in an apartment on the 4th or 5th floor.
- Access to the loading/unloading area.
Q: How to avoid dealing with a scam moving company?
A: Unfortunately, there are many fraudulent companies in the moving industry. In fact, with 35 million people moving every year in America about 4100 of them fall victims to disreputable moving companies. In order to avoid this unpleasant experience and spot rogue movers immediately, pay attention to the following:
- On-site inspection. Any legitimate moving company will request an inspection of the stuff you’re going to move before they give you any estimate. If the movers refuse to come to your place, that is a red flag.
- Low costs. It’s just too good to be true. Once you hear you’re asked to pay incredibly low prices for the work done, it’s time to become alert.
- Ask for a deposit. No reliable company does this.
- Final payment in cash only. Are they afraid of money tracking?
- Incomplete documents. If your movers ask you to sign a blank or incomplete document and say that they will fill out the papers later, avoid dealing with these shady movers immediately. You should know all the conditions of your collaboration in advance.
- No estimate in writing.
- No license. In the majority of cases, a moving company does require a license. Here we are talking about two types of moving: interstate and intrastate. In case of interstate moving, a license from the United States Department of Transportation is obligatory. In case of the intrastate moving, each state set its own requirements that should be checked in advance.
- No insurance. Save yourself a headache and check that the moving company you hire is insured. If not, you risk having your precious things chipped or completely broken with no reimbursement.
- Reviews: check the company’s online presence and their reviews. Pay additional attention to their former projects, qualification, and experience in the field.