21 Handyman Services near you
We will ask a few questions to match you with the top rated pros near you
Where do you need Handyman Services?
Best Handyman Services close to you
- All Home Improvement maintainance,adjustments and repairs - Painting( Interior, exterior)spray and conventional. - Plumbing & Electric(replacement, modifications, repairs and additions) stool, bathtubs, sinks, Fossett , food processor installment or replacement, outlets, lamps, ceiling fans,. Tankless… View more
Five star chauffeured service. Ride On Time Limousine offers: corporate events limousine service, airport car and shuttle services and mini van service for executives and VIPs. Our chauffeurs will safely drive you and your party to and from all destinations. We specialize in servicing professionals,… View more
Zulu Moving Company LLC offers top notch moving services. We currently accepting local jobs in Massachusetts, Southern NH and all surrounding areas. We are known for our outstanding dedication and customer service competence. We are also accepting long distance jobs that are starting or ending in one of the previous states. View more
Pacheco Welding is one of the most experienced welders in Massachusetts with mobile welding trucks out in full force serving residential, commercial and industrial customers with expert MIG & TIG and ARC Welding Services on projects including but not limited to expert pipe welding, snow plow welding,… View more
Call for a free estimate and schedule your spring cleanup Full service Fully Insured Landscape company 20 Years. Residential Commercial. Services offered *SPRING & FALL CLEANUPS. *GUTTER CLEANING *WEEKLY BIWEEKLY MOWING/MAINTENANCE. * NEW LAWN INSTALLATION. *SHRUB & TREE PLANTING . *PLANTING BED DESIGN. View more
CT & NY & Mass Home Improvement Contractor....I can do a few hours of work or manage or Flip a house with you or for you....I do everything residential & some commercial construction....flooring,framing, fencing , drywall, siding, trim , all remodeling, custom tile, kitchens, bathrooms, additions, custom… View more
Special Planting Sale ...Don't miss out!! FIVE FOOT EVERGREEN TREE INSTALLMENT PRICE WOW!!! WOW!! WOW!!! HURRY! Hurry and call Today for a Great look on arborvitaes WOW 5 ft installed $ 129 each . make an excellent fence and border!! These dont come in little buckets they re 5 FT TALL and in cages make… View more
Our Full Service Landscape company provides high quality and affordable care. Whatever your property needs, we can transform your yard and create Premier curb appeal. We provide the following services: ~ Spring/Fall cleanups ~ Weed removal ~ Lawn rehabs ~ Landscape Bed remodeling ~ trimming/pruning shrubs… View more
General Contractor/Maintenance / Handy man (Warren) RI Contractors License # 37157 General Contractor/Maintenance Available for all kinds of work. Call Free Estimate . Licensed and insured in Rhode Island. (RI Contractors License # 37157) *** if you need it done, we can do it *** Construction/ Rehabs… View more
Asbestos Removal - $10 dollars a SqF plus $25 a bag for disposal cost Oil tank removal - $125 dollars for empty tank Plus $1 per gallon drained WE TAKE IT ALL... -Home Furnishings (Mattresses, Box springs, Sofas, Pianos, Clothing ETC.) -Outdoor & Yard (Fences,Grills, Patio Furniture, Garden Tools, Sheds ETC. View more
Questions and Answers
Q: What do handyman services include?
A: Handymen are experts who perform a vast number of home improvement services. Whether you need to fix a leaking faucet or repaint the whole exterior wall, a handyman is skilled enough to help you with both. The list of services a handyman can perform is almost infinite because it involves all minor and major home renovation and improvement projects you may require help with.
Most often, handymen work on their own and so prefer tackling only minor and middle-range issues, while for large scope projects it’s advised to work with general contractors and subcontractors. If you are not sure whether a particular handyman will be able to fix your problem, always clarify what you need them to do before actually hiring an expert.
Q: How do handymen charge?
A: Handymen usually charge on a per-project basis when tackling standard minor individual issues. For example, toilet installation or picture hanging are generally among such services. However, if you want a handyman to help with resolving several issues at once, your contractor may ask for per hour payment since several projects done at once require more work, materials, and instruments.
Q: What is the average cost of the handymen services?
A: If you will be paying per-project charges, then you can expect to pay about $180-$650 in total for the project, which usually takes 2-4 hours. In case you will have to pay for every hour individually, expect $50-$80 per hour fees. You can find more detailed quotes and numbers in our cost guide to handyman services on the blog.
Q: What factors affect the cost of the handyman services?
A: Generally, handyman services are influenced most by the hours of work a project takes to complete. However, you can expect to pay some additional fees that increase the final sum you will be handing over to your handyman.
- Travel fees. Homeowners of isolated houses or living in suburbs may have to pay additional travel fees for their handymen. Besides that, your contractor may request an additional charge for the petrol used to travel to some home depot store in order to buy some missing parts or materials.
- Independent or company service. Even though there is no fixed difference in the prices of individual or company services, most individual handymen can offer more flexible payments and can even make you a discount.
- Number of problems. Generally, the more problems to fix you have, the more money you will have to pay to a handyman. However, if your contractor charges on a per-hour basis, then you can combine several minor fixes into one request and pay for them all together only per one hour of work.
- Experience. The more experienced handyman you hire, the higher rates you can expect. If you need to save on fixing some minor problems in your home, then you can opt for a novice in the business. They are still likely to know how to hang a shelf on the wall or fix a squeaking door, but the overall bill will be smaller.
Q: How to avoid dealing with a scam handyman?
A: There is a number of signs indicating that the chosen handyman is a scam. Make sure to avoid service providers with the following red flags:
- Lack of papers. Lack of paperwork and accounting signify that a handyman is using your money for some unrelated things. Make sure that you always have a contract and all the bills that provide clear information about the money you give to your handyman.
- Permits. If your project is bigger than a picture hanging, then for larger renovations you will need a permit. Lack of building permit will cost you more in the form of a fine. Make sure that your handyman obtains all permits prior to beginning the work on your project.
- Cash payments only. Reliable handymen who conduct a legal business always have a possibility to pay with a card or a cheque. Never agree to the services that accept cash payments only and require a large downpayment upfront.
- Lack of references. Previous appraisals speak for the work of a handyman even louder than any regalia and experience. Always ask your prospective contractor to provide several references so that you can verify the level of satisfaction of the work a particular handyman is offering.