16 Remodeling Contractors near you
We will ask a few questions to match you with the top rated pros near you
Where do you need Remodeling Services?
Best Remodeling Contractors close to you
Planning home renovations can be a stressful endeavor, but when you hire professional contractors like J.M.H. Contracting LLC out of Ellicott City, MD, you can rest easy knowing that your home is in good hands. At J.M.H. Contracting LLC, we specialize in home remodeling, home repairs, kitchen remodeling,… View more
Bethesda Best Construction is a family owned business. We believe in quality versus quantity and every job gets our personal attention. Our customers not only love the finished project, but really enjoy working with our team. Bethesda Best Construction has worked hard, making a name and reputation which is based on honesty, trust, and respect. View more
Any Assembly – Providing The Best Furniture Services In Virginia And Washington, DC! Whether you’re dealing with a large order of furniture from IKEA, the installation of fitness equipment at a new gym, or any other project that requires furniture assembly, Any Assembly is the best choice for professional… View more
Are you looking to remodel, fix, repair. Call us for your free estimate on your next Residential or Commercial project. We offer high quality and professional service. We provide quality and affordable service in the Northern Virginia area. We do the work, we don't pass to another guy which means we don't charge for the estimate. View more
General Contractor Kitchen and Bathroom remodeling Drywall and Paint Plumbing and Electrical Ceramic and Hardwood Flooring Siding and Roof Cabinets, Granite and Vanities Installing dishwasher, microwave, garbage disposal, faucets, toilets, sum pump .... etc. All Handyman works No Job is too small nor… View more
Keller Group is a home maintenance company primarily providing quality Basement Waterproofing and Landscaping services in Maryland. We are particularly interested in providing quality services to homeowners, realtors, home inspectors and property managers. Keller Group is a member of Basement Technologies… View more
DR Handy Services specializes in electrical service, general handyman, tv mounting, landscaping, moving services, plumbing, & Carpentry. We are licensed, bonded, & insured. We are a small company that takes pride in our work and we want to make sure you are completely satisfied with our installs. We have a lifetime guarantee on all our installs. View more
Santos and son service is dedicated to turning your remodeling dream into reality with an established and enviable reputation throughout the Virginia/D.C/M.D Area. Our team of experts prides itself on the reliability and the quality of our work. We do: Recessed Lights Ceiling Fans Electric Car Charging… View more
Beckworth is a residential remodeling and design firm with a light commercial division in Vienna Virginia. We offer many different types of remodeling services such as; kitchens, bathrooms, basements, additions, pop-up additions, whole house remodels, general remodeling, screen porches, front porches,… View more
20 plus years experience in home maintenance Handyman For hire, Experienced in all phases of repair and installation. FREE Estimates! Including but not limited to Electrical Plumbing doors & windows Painting & Patching Flooring & Counter tops If I can't do it I am sure that I know someone who can! Call… View more
Questions and Answers
Q: What do remodeling services include?
A: Home remodeling contractors offer improvement and renovation services for residential homes. The range of services included in home remodeling is almost endless, from the basic repainting of one room to the complete restructuring of a house. Home remodeling contractors offer services of different kinds: you may only ask for a consultation or advice or hire a contractor to complete the whole remodeling from planning to implementation on their own.
Q: How do remodeling contractors charge?
A: The price of the home remodeling services consists of the cost of materials and labor. Usually, the cost you discuss with a contractor is the cost of labor, while the price of materials depends on your budget and preferences.
Q: What is the average cost of the remodeling services?
A: The average home remodeling cost lies between $12,000 and $48,000 with both materials and labor included. In home remodels, however, contractors separate kitchen and bathroom remodels because these are the most common project types. The average cost of the bathroom remodel is $5,400-$18,000, whereas the kitchen renovation price is much higher, about $25,000-$50,000 on average. To learn more about the prices and charging methods of the home remodeling, please read our cost guides:
Q: What factors affect the cost of the remodeling services?
A: The price of materials is one of the most influential factors in the home remodeling cost. The more qualitative, natural, and sturdy materials you choose, the higher will be the final price of your home remodel. The cost of labor can differ depending on the following factors:
- Project scope. The more rooms you want to remodel, the higher will be the final remodeling cost because the project will last longer.
- Number of workers. For small scope projects, the home remodeling contractors usually require only one assistant, while bigger remodels require 2-5 more pairs of hands to complete everything by the deadline. Additional hands need additional payments.
- Home/room layout and design. Unusual shapes, lack of plinths, fillet ceilings, wall niches, triangular room shapes, and other architectural ornaments will cost more in terms of remodeling because they require more scrupulous work for completion.
- Extra experts. For kitchen and bathroom remodels you might require additional assistance of a plumber, electrician, and even architectural engineer because not all remodeling contractors have all the licenses to provide such services.
- Home age. First of all, home age affects its architectural value and might require renovation to be performed in the same style. It’s always much harder and more expensive to stick to the old style of a house. Secondly, homes built before the 1970s have asbestos and lead in their structures. This means that before your remodeling contractor proceeds to the actual work, you will have to hire another expert to remove asbestos and lead from your home.
- Permits. You will need a building permit in most of the states so be ready to fork over for that as well.
Q: How to avoid dealing with scam remodeling contractors?
A: Unfortunately, not all home remodeling contractors provide qualitative and fair services. A lot of them don’t have the needed qualification, license, or proper experience to take on complex cases. In order to spot scam contractors and steer away from them, pay attention to the following red flags:
- Deposit upfront. Reputable contractors don’t require any deposits for their work. Yes, they might ask you to give some money before they begin the remodeling to purchase the materials, for example, but reliable experts will always document the fact of receiving the money from you and later provide the receipts for every penny spent.
- Strong reluctance to obtain permits. Remember that lack of permits will cost you an arm and a leg in case any legal check comes to your remodeling site. Don’t cooperate with a contractor who strongly denies the necessity of permits.
- Cash payments without any fixation. Always demand receipts or any other paper proof when you give money to a contractor. This is the only way to protect yourself from spending money on something completely unrelated to remodeling.