10 Fence Contractors near you
We will ask a few questions to match you with the top rated pros near you
Where do you need Fence Services?
Best Fence Contractors close to you
Planning home renovations can be a stressful endeavor, but when you hire professional contractors like J.M.H. Contracting LLC out of Ellicott City, MD, you can rest easy knowing that your home is in good hands. At J.M.H. Contracting LLC, we specialize in home remodeling, home repairs, kitchen remodeling,… View more
Bethesda Best Construction is a family owned business. We believe in quality versus quantity and every job gets our personal attention. Our customers not only love the finished project, but really enjoy working with our team. Bethesda Best Construction has worked hard, making a name and reputation which is based on honesty, trust, and respect. View more
Roy The Handyman Guy is a well-known and trustworthy local handyman service provider in Rockville MD. With more than 10 years of experience in handling all kinds of handyman services, the insured and qualified handyman guys are committed to help you around your home at your convenience. They specialize… View more
Santos and son service is dedicated to turning your remodeling dream into reality with an established and enviable reputation throughout the Virginia/D.C/M.D Area. Our team of experts prides itself on the reliability and the quality of our work. We do: Recessed Lights Ceiling Fans Electric Car Charging… View more
1.Moving, Hauling, Landscaping, Lawn care, Painting, Garden, wall, Ceiling, Drywall, Floor, Stairs. 2. plumbing, Electrical, Heating, Ventilation, Air conditioning. 3. Door, Window, Roof, Siding, Fence, Patio, Deck, Porch, Concrete, Brick, Wood, Tree. 4. Kitchen, Bathroom, Demolition, Excavation. View more
Questions and Answers
Q: What do fence contractor services include?
A: Fence contractors are professionals who install and repair fences of all styles, shapes, and materials. They can deal with the rotting boards or rusty bases as well as complete replacement of the fence parts or installation of the new fence structures.
Q: How do fence contractors charge?
A: Fence contractors charge for the whole project in total. The cost may vary because every project price is calculated based on the number of factors described below. Keep in mind that many fence contractors don’t include the cost of the materials in their estimates.
Q: What is the average cost of the fence contractor’s service?
A: On average, homeowners spend about $1,700-$4,000 on fence installation. More elaborate and luxurious projects may cost $8,000 and higher. You can find more numbers and price descriptions in our fence installation cost guide.
Fence repairs cost significantly less, namely about $260-$710. But more complex projects may cost up to $1,500 in total. Please, read our fence repair cost guide to get more details on the prices in this business.
Q: What factors affect the cost of the fence contractor services?
A: While there are permit prices and delivery charges applicable to the fence cost, the most influential factors are related to the fence material, height, and your land.
- Fence material. Forged iron fencing costs much more than basic wooden or vinyl boards. Carved wooden fences, however, can be extremely pricey. Fence material is one of the most influential price factors.
- Material quality. Wood, vinyl, iron, and aluminum fences all come in different price categories. More expensive options are always more beautiful and long-lasting. At the same time, every material has budget variations to choose from.
- Fence height. Most fences are built between 4-8 feet. If you want to install or repair a higher or lower fence, you might have to pay extra due to the amount of material or custom-made boards required for the projected fence.
- Length. The bigger area you need to enclose, the higher will be the price.
- Ground relief. Flat lots are easier to fence around, thus, such projects cost less. If you have some intricate landscape on the premises, then the fencing will cost more due to the necessity to adapt standard boards to your land.
- Gates. Small one-person gates or large gates for a drive through will anyway add up to the final bill.
- Complexity of damages. Minor problems that require a hammer and a couple of nails will cost very little. Should you need to repair a number of boards or even replace a part of the fence, be ready to pay much more for the repairs.
Q: How to avoid dealing with a scam fence contractor?
A: Below you can find the most common red flags for unreliable fence contractors. Create a cheat sheet with these negative signs and always go through them when hiring a fence contractor.
- Number of years in business. Look for the companies that have at least five years of experience. Such contractors should have more experience with various cases and so greater guarantees of their work quality.
- No documents. No license, no hiring — that simple. Absence of license can signify a wide variety of problems a business has: from the lack of money and experience to the more complex issues that led to this contractor losing the license. Don’t risk, hire licensed experts only.
- No insurance. Unless you want to pay for the workers’ hospital bills after some injuries received on your premises, always ensure that a fence contractor has an insurance coverage. It’s also highly advised to work with companies which also cover your belongings from any accidents.
- Large deposits. Fence contractors may require some deposit to be paid upfront so that they can buy the materials. However, if you are asked to pay 50% upfront, then it should warn you right on the spot.
- No guarantees. All reliable and reputable fence contractors have a warranty for their services. If a prospective team gives no guarantees either for the project or for the materials, then cross out such a team from your list.
- Floating rates. Yes, you might face some additional charges on the way but they shouldn’t exceed 10% of the total bill. In case your fence contractor is constantly changing the rates and the final price, then go through the contract and calculations carefully yourself; chances are you are being robbed blind.